Oct 25, 2015

Who Am I Project

Teachers!  Here is a project your students can create with a Halloween theme even if you do not wish to highlight a Halloween theme in your classroom.  It is called Guess Who I Am, and there are many different ways that your students can complete this project and have fun with it.

Here is an example of a finished sample project that I just completed using a video creation tool that I just learned about called Stupeflix.  Stupeflix is very simple to use.  You can also apply for an education account and be able to add up to 100 students for free!  Here is a very snazzy video tutorial about how to use Stupeflix, but basically you choose a theme and add photos, videos, and/or text to your storyboard, preview your video, then publish!



Here is the graphic organizer/sentence frame for the Who Am I Project, and here is a mask template that I found at freecoloringpages.co.uk.

There are many other ways you could have your students create this project.  Last year in my classroom, I printed out the mask template for each student, and I had them decorate the mask.  Then I had them handwrite their paragraphs using the graphic organizer.  They cut out their masks and glued them onto a final paper including their writing, and each day I read a few aloud to the class so the class could guess who the classmate was.  Then I hung them on the wall for others to see.  

Another idea is to have students create a Google Slides presentation with an image of their designed masks and writing.  The slides presentation could be shared with the class by the teacher so others could guess who.

I'm sure you have many more ideas for this project too! If so, please share!  I'd love to hear about them, and I'd love to see examples of this project too!  This project is loads of fun, and it definitely involves student creation and creativity!



No comments:

Post a Comment